From Cracow: Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains Day Trip
Discover the picturesque Polish Tatra Mountains.
Zakopane is the winter capital of Poland, thanks to its splendid natural scenery, its ski slopes and hiking trails and a rich folk culture. You will begin your exploration of the area by taking the funicular railway to the top of Mount Gubałówka for views over the granite and limestone peaks of the Tatra Mountains. Having returned to the oldest part of Zakopane, we will visit a charming wooden old parish church and the most unique cemetery in Poland. To complete your experience, you will have a chance to visit the enormous regional market and enjoy lunch in a regional restaurant serving local specialties. If you wish to find out more about this unusual region, you can visit the Tatra Museum or the village of Chochołów, famous for its 150-year old wooden log cabins and a serene atmosphere.
- guided tour
- Gubałówka cable car ticket
- entrance ticket to a museum
- "oscypek" cheese tasting
- please note that temperature in the mountains is lower than in other regions
- operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- children must be accompanied by an adult
- infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- adult pricing applies to all travelers
- not wheelchair accessible
- 7 Powisle Street, Cracow; the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Krakow Hotel.
- Hotel pickup
Only the centrally located Cracow hotels.