Cracow City Tour (English, French, German)
4-hour tour with a knowledgeable guide in your language.
Our tour of the Old Town, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1978, begins with a brief visit to the old Jewish district of Kazimierz, inextricably linked with the history of the Jews of Kraków. Kazimierz was buzzing from the late 15th century to the tragic years of the Holocaust. After 1989 there was a wave of return migration to Kazimierz, and in 1993 Steven Spielberg shot his "Schindler's List" there, thereby making Krakow and Kazimierz an even more recognisable landmark in Europe.Then we will go to the Wawel Hill, over which tower the Royal Palace with its impressive arcaded Renaissance courtyard and the famous Gothic cathedral - the place of coronation and the necropolis of Polish kings. After visiting the Cathedral and the Royal Chambers with a great hall called "Poselska" (The Envoy Hall), whose ceiling with 30 carved human heads and an impressive collection of tapestries woven in Brussels will make you astonished, we will go to the oldest university college - the Collegium Maius, with a beautiful Gothic courtyard, to finish the tour in the heart of Kraków - the Main Market Square - the largest medieval square in Europe with St. Mary's Church - a soaring, Gothic church inside which you can admire the impressive altar by Wit Stwosz (Veit Stoss).
- tour with a licensed guide
- entrance tickets to the Royal Chambers, the Cathedral, and St. Mary's Church
- on Mondays - instead of visiting the Royal Staterooms - a visit to the Collegium Maius
- on Sundays - instead of visiting the Cathedral and St. Mary's Church - a visit to another museum
- from 25 February to 18 March - instead of visiting the Royal Staterooms - a visit to another museum
- the tour ends 5 minutes walk from the Main Market Square
- operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- children must be accompanied by an adult
- not wheelchair accessible
- 7 Powisle Street, Cracow; the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Krakow Hotel.
- Hotel pickup
Only the centrally located Cracow hotels.