From Cracow: In the Footsteps of John Paul II
6 ½ hour tour of three pilgrimage sites associated with Pope John Paul II.
Our tour begins with a visit to Łagiewniki, which is connected with the cult of the Divine Mercy, the grave of St. Faustina Kowalska, and St. John Paul II. Here you can find: the Divine Mercy Sanctuary and the "Have No Fear!" John Paul II Centre - a centre in Kraków dedicated to the life and work of Pope John Paul II, which also houses his relic: an ampoule with his blood. On the way to Wadowice we will visit the Sanctuary in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1999. In Wadowice - "the place where it all began" as the Pope referred to his hometown in 1999 during his visit here, we will see the places dearest to Karol Wojtyla during his childhood and adolescence, including the parish church where he was baptised and the house where he was born, which is now a museum. Our journey to and from Wadowice also gives you a chance to view the peaks of the Pope's beloved Beskidy mountain range where he used to hike. We will end our tour at the famous "papal window", in which John Paul II used to appear to talk and sing with the youth during all his visits, and where thousands of people were praying, holding candles, in his last days.
- tour with a licensed guide
- entrance ticket to the museum
- operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- children must be accompanied by an adult
- infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- adult pricing applies to all travelers
- not wheelchair accessible
- 7 Powisle Street, Cracow; the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Krakow Hotel.
- Hotel pickup
Only the centrally located Cracow hotels.