From Cracow: Częstochowa - the Black Madonna
Full-day tour to Częstochowa and Pieskowa Skała Castle.
Visit Jasna Góra Monastery, one of Poland's most important pilgrimage sites.
Jasna Góra is one of the most important places of worship of the Virgin Mary and has been the most important pilgrimage centre in Poland for hundreds of years. The miraculous image of the Black Madonna from Jasna Góra is especially worshipped by the faithful of the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Catholic Church. Upon arrival at the sanctuary, we visit the chapel with the miraculous image of the Black Madonna and the basilica. You can also visit the 600th-Anniversary Museum and the treasury on your own, or participate in a mass. On our way back we will go to Pieskowa Skała to admire the beauty of the picturesque Prądnik Valley and the last preserved 16th century castle on the so-called Trail of the Eagle's Nests.
- tour with a licensed guide
- entrance tickets
- from November to April Pieskowa Skała Castle is closed for the visitors. You will visit the castle from the outside
- operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- children must be accompanied by an adult
- infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- adult pricing applies to all travelers Not wheelchair accessible
- 7 Powisle Street, Cracow; the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Krakow Hotel.
- Hotel pickup
Only the centrally located Cracow hotels.