John Paul II Heritage Tour
See three of the most important Catholic pilgrimage destinations (Wadowice – Kalwaria Zebrzydowska – Lagiewniki) in Poland – all in one day!
Follow the life journey of Pope John Paul the Second which started in a small town ofWadowice where Karol Wojtyła was born. Get to know his childhood and youth and all the reasons that made him the man he was. Feel the atmosphere of the oldest Calvaries on Polish soil dating back to XVII century. A remote abbey stands there surrounded by mystical pathways, that remind us of the beginning of christianity and the western culture. After Kalwaria, jump forward in time to 1958, when Karol Wojtyła became the Archbishop of Cracow and made visible to the world the Divine Mercy movement, started by saint Faustyna Kowalska. Discover the reasons and consequences of deep connection that faith and religion have with the history of this country and its nation.
Available on: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
- door-to-door transportation (Free hotel Pickup)
- visit to Wadowice – the birthplace of the Polish Pope (including new JP II Museum reopened in 2014)
- visit to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
- visit to Sanctuary of Divine Mercy
- All admission fees and tickets
- English speaking tour guide/driver assistance
- Lunch set
- Pickup hours: 8:30 - 9:30
- Duration: 6-7 hours
- Please note that this tour is not available on: 25th of December, 1st of January, 15th of Ausgust, Eastern Saturday afternoon and Eastern Sunday.
- Hotel pickup