Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour (English)
Visit the most well-known former concentration camp and place of genocide in the World - the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, where around 1.5 million were killed by the Nazis.
During our Auschwitz-Birkenau tour, you will watch a documentary movie about history of concentration camps in Poland. Firstly, you will be taken to Auschwitz I, which served as an administrative centre for the whole complex of camps, where you will join an English tour – provided by the Museum’s guide – for about 2 hours. After that, we will transfer you to Auschwitz II – Birkenau, which was designed strictly as a concentration camp, with gas chambers and crematorias. It is located about 2 km away. You will spend there about 1,5 hours with the same guide. Right after, you will be transfered back to Krakow. You should be back to your hotel around 16:00 – 16:30.
Auschwitz Concentration Camp & Auschwitz Museum Tour
Auschwitz Concentration Camp was a Nazi Concentration Camp built and operated during World War II in Polish Areas, next to Oswiecim. Nowadays, turned into Auschwitz Musum, it is still a visual evidence of mass murder. The Memorial consists two parts of the former concentration camp: Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II – Birkenau.
Auschwitz day trip from Krakow
If you are wondering how to plan an Auschwitz day trip from Krakow during your stay, here you can find few practical advices:
For your day trip don’t plan any other attractions, probably you will be tired after coming back to Krakow.
Eat your breakfast early, you will be picked up for the Auschwitz Tour between 8h 00 and 9h 00.
You can carry your umbrella, extra jumper or backpack with you, but please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks allowed to carry on the Museum grounds is 30 x 20 x 10 cm — in case you won’t need it you can always leave it in the bus.
Wear comfortable shoes, it is a walking tour!
If it is cloudy and chilly bring extra jacket as it might be windy.
You will be back in Krakow around 4 p.m., book KrakowShuttle packed lunch set if you will like eating something on the way back.
- Door-to-door transportation (Free hotel Pickup)
- Documentary movie
- English speaking guide in Auschwitz and Birkenau
- All admission fees and tickets
- Pickup hours: 7:30 - 9:00
- Duration: 7 hours
- Please note that this tour is not available on: 25th of December, 1st of January, Liberation Anniversary, Easter Saturday afternoon, Easter Sunday and March of the Living Day.
- Please note that the maximum size of bags and backpacks allowed to carry on the Museum grounds is 30 x 20 x 10 cm. You can always leave your belongings inside the bus which will be parked nearby.
- Please note that for Balice airport/hotels near the airport pickup the additional fee is 60 PLN per booking.
- Please note that all times are approximate and depends on traffic.
- Hotel pickup
Pickup hours: 7:30 - 9:00.